Never allow an inexperienced person attempt recovery or a RAID rebuild; this is the commonest cause of (preventable) complete and permanent RAID data loss we encounter.
Failed Apple Mac?
Simple – call us.
You’re halfway to being sorted.
- Failed hard disk drive
- RAID controller failed
- RAID rebuild failed
- Metadata corruption or metadata server failure
- Firmware update failed or firmware corruption
- Power surge or power failure
- IT Admin or user error (the leading cause of permanent RAID data loss)
- Incorrect drive substitution for rebuild
- Reinitialisation of the array
Typical RAID failure scenarios we recover from