The following are the procedures that take place during a standard RAID recovery:
- You need to send us (or deliver personally if local) the failed hard drive or storage medium. (In almost all cases, Royal Mail Special Delivery is best.) Don’t forget to include your contact details.
- Please see the instructions on how to pack your device.
- On receiving your storage medium, we immediately label it with your details and create a job card.
- We examine the device and diagnose it for cause of failure.
- We provide you with a firm quotation for the recovery, and the length of time expected for the recovery.
- In the event of mechanical failure, the device will need replacement components. Usually, we have these in stock but there are occasions where a donor component has to be bought in. This invariably results in delays.
- We make images of all the original drives. We never work from the original drives unless time constraints force us to, although this is rare.
- When the recovery process is complete, we verify the quality of the recovered data.
- We send you a file listing containing the names of the recovered files. You can examine the file listing and tell us which data is important, so we can verify it before returning your recovered data. (The presence of a file name in a list does not necessarily mean the file is healthy.)
- We discuss with you the best way of returning your data. Up to 20GB can be copied free of charge to DVD. Alternatively, you can purchase one of our drives (desktop or portable) to contain the data, or you can send us one of your own drives.
How long does it take?
A standard recovery takes between two and five days, or from three hours for an emergency recovery. However, a complex RAID storage device that has suffered severe corruption, and especially one that has defied other recovery attempts, can take longer. We will keep you updated of progress throughout.
Getting in touch
Please use the online enquiry form to submit any enquiries, or telephone us on 01590 673 808. (International +44 1590 673 808) We will generally respond to your online enquiry within minutes.